Adrian is steadily intensifying, and is now a minor hurricane. The NHC assessed it at 75 mph, but the RBT has it at 80 mph. From The Weather Channel "
- Adrian continues to strengthen south of Mexico and as to 5pm PDT Wednesday it has been upgraded to a hurricane
- As of 5pm PDT it was located about 265 miles to the SW of Acapulco, Mexico.
- Maximum sustained winds have increased to near 75 mph
- A tropical storm watch is in effect for the Mexican Coast from Acapulco westward to Punta San Telmo
- Swells are already affecting the southwest coast of Mexico
- Rip currents are also a threat
- It is expected to peak Thursday night or Friday as a category 2 hurricane
- Hurricane Adrian is moving toward the northwest at 9 mph
- It is expected to maintain a northwesterly motion through tonight and turn back toward the west-northwest Thursday
- On its projected path Adrian should remain far enough off the Mexican coast to limit the impacts there
- Showers and thunderstorms should increase along the central Mexican coast later today through the end of the week
- The strong winds and heaviest rain should remain well off shore"