"Tropical Storm Beatriz continues to strengthen off of the west coast of Mexico.
* As of 5 a.m. Pacific Time Monday, Beatriz was located about 140 miles south-southwest of Zihuatanejo, Mexico, or about 245 miles south-southeast of Manzanillo, Mexico, and had top winds near 60 miles per hour.
* Beatriz is expected to continue to strengthen over the next couple of days and is expected to become a hurricane overnight and approach the coast Tuesday.
* Beatriz is expected to make a turn to the west around Wednesday and begin to head out to sea south of Cabo San Lucas.
* A hurricane warning is in effect between Zihuatanejo and La Fortuna.
* A hurricane watch is in effect between Cabo Corrientes and La Fortuna.
* A tropical storm warning is in effect between Tecpan de Galeana and Zihuatanejo, as well as between La Fortuna and Cabo Corrientes.
* Rainfall between six to eight inches can be expected along the southwestern coast of Mexico, with locally heavier amounts particularly in higher elevations, which could result in life-threatening flash flooding and mudslides.
* Tropical storm conditions will begin to reach the hurricane warning area later today and continue to increase through tonight into Tuesday before the storm begins to move away late Tuesday." TWC